Residents near a giant phone mast toppled by protesters said they were on 'red alert' last night to stop any new erection of the structure.
The 60ft mast was put up a month ago in Walsall Road, Stone Cross, West Bromwich, by telecommunications giant O2.
The first self-employed transport company worker, Ric Keeling, knew of the plan was when the towering structure appeared overnight - 20ft from his home.
He said: "I was horrified.
"It went up at 7am without a word to a single person saying it was coming.
" I had never heard about mast protests until it appeared.
"But I've got a two year old daughter and from what I've heard, we just don't know enough about the effect of these things on people's health." Last Friday, residents woke up to find the controversial mast had been felled in the night.
"Everyone was elated that it had happened," said Mr Keeling, who collected 100 signatures from neighbours for a petition against the mast.
"We just wanted to say 'well done' to whoever did it. We have heard O2 want to re-erect the mast as soon as possible and they will come with a police convoy. "We are all on red alert."
A spokeswoman for O2 said the mast was temporary and erected under emergency powers they had to circumvent planning permission or public consultation.
Yesterday, old mast fittings were removed by 02 engineers in preparation for its re- erection - expected to take place early next week.
"We want the mast back up as soon as possible," said the spokeswoman. "We are, in fact, currently looking for a permanent site in the immediate area and once an agent identifies one there will be consultation with residents.
"I want to stress there is no evidence of any risk to health at all.
"Cutting it down was a very irresponsible action by a small group that has left people without mobile phone coverage."