Two men have been arrested after a two-year-old Birmingham boy died from an overdose of methadone.
West Midlands Police said the men had been freed on bail pending further inquiries into the death of Brandon, who died at Birmingham Children's Hospital last Thursday.
Brandon and two other children, reported to be his brothers Lewis, aged three, and four-month-old Kyle, were taken to hospital last Tuesday from an address in Walkers Heath. His brothers are also being treated for methadone poisoning, a hospital spokesman said.
A spokesman said: "He [Brandon] was brought in towards the end of last week. We are still treating the other two children who were brought in at the same time. The matter is being handled by the social services."
Methadone is given to heroin addicts to help them wean off their addiction to the drug. It is less addictive and offsets the withdrawal symptoms addicts feel.