A teenager who escaped death after surviving 25,000 volts surging through his body and a high-speed train running over his leg has spoken of his ordeal.
Ben Morris, aged 16, lost part of his leg following the freak accident Lea Hall station in Birmingham last month.
Speaking for the first time yesterday, Ben dedicated his miraculous survival to his newborn cousin Bailey Paul Lewin.
"He kept me going. I wanted to see him again and hold him and now I have I realise that things could be much worse," said Ben.
"All I could think about while I was in hospital was getting out and holding Bailey again."
Despite enduring a month in hospital and countless skin grafts, the football-mad teenager is determined to get back on the pitch.
The former pupil of International School and Community College, in Tile Cross, said: "Once I get another leg fitted, I will have full movement."
Ben, of Stud Lane, Kitts Green, had been playing football with friends on Sunday June 12 in a car park near Lea Hall train station.
The ball bounced on to the roof of the station and Ben volunteered to get it.
When his 16- year- old friends Adam Steele and Adam Berry went looking for him, they found him on the track.
Ben relived the horrific moment when he cheated death.
He said: "The ball went over the fence and I went to get it. My mates thought I was taking a long time so they came to find me.
"They said my leg was in bits and I was lying on the track with blood everywhere.
"They called my dad and the ambulance. If they had not done that, the doctors said I would have died from internal bleeding.
"I remember being on the track and seeing the train coming, but I just could not move my leg. I was in shock.
"I even heard the train coming, but I can't remember feeling the pain. I can't even remember screaming, but my dad said I did.
"When my dad got there my leg had gone. The leg was on the other side of the track.
"When I woke up in hospital it felt like my leg was trapped in a hole. I couldn't move any of my leg and I just kept saying 'take it out of the hole'. Then my dad told me that it was gone. I just had to accept it. I had no choice. I went into hospital without the leg."