James McFadden is aiming to make his comeback against his former club Everton after undergoing surgery on the knee injury he suffered earlier this month.
The Scotland international sustained a meniscus tear in the joint during the 1-1 draw with Newcastle United a game in which he scored his fourth goal in five outings and missed the match at Reading last Saturday.
That encounter at Madejski Stadium ended in Birmingham's 16th Premiership defeat of the season and left them only one point above the relegation zone while the injury will also keep McFadden out of this weekend's visit to St Andrew's from Manchester City.
The 24-year-old could be back in contention for the match at Wigan Athletic now managed by ex-Birmingham manager Steve Bruce on Saturday week but a more likely outcome is that he will be back in time to face the club he left in January.
"The operation went very well and James feels good," Alex McLeish, Bruce's successor, said. "It's important that we got him sorted out for the games that will be crucial at the end of the campaign.
"Hopefully now he'll be back in two or three weeks but we'll be guided by chief physio Neil McDiarmid and his team. We can ill afford to lose players like James McFadden and Kapo from what is a small and inexperienced squad.
"These are major blows to any team never mind Birmingham City but especially to us when you don't have the resources."
Kapo has experienced an injury-blighted first season in the Midlands with the early promise having given way to knee and now hamstring problems. The Frenchman has not played since the 2-2 draw with Arsenal at the end of last month.
While Kapo suffered an injury after an hour of that match the one sustained earlier that afternoon by Eduardo has received considerably more attention.
The Croatian international, whose leg was broken by a controversial tackle by Martin Taylor, yesterday ended his silence and revealed he would forgive the Birmingham City defender if he apologises.
The Arsenal striker says he has not received an apology from the embattled centre-half, the unwilling and unwitting eye of the media storm that has raged since his tackle landed Eduardo in hospital, but says that Taylor did come to see him in hospital in Birmingham.
Eduardo is expected to be out for about nine months and Taylor has not played since having been sent off for the challenge, although both are on the comeback trail.
"Apology? There has been no apology. How can I accept an apology if I haven't seem him or spoken to him?" Eduardo said. "I think he came to the hospital but I did not see him. My wife told me that he came to see me while I was having the operation and someone pointed out Taylor to her at the hospital.
"Maybe he was there when I was unconscious but I certainly did not see him that day. But if he comes to me now then I will accept an apology. I am a son of God so I will accept an apology."
Despite the harrowing nature of the injury, Eduardo's spirits are high and the striker has confirmed he is no longer in pain and is able to do more day by day.
"I feel much better, the worst is behind me, I don't feel more pain," he said. "I just want to move on. My days have been spent at home watching films and playing with my daughter. But I am doing more things each day. There are new challenges each day. I go to the Arsenal training ground. I am here at the hotel, just getting out a bit more."
Eduardo also paid tribute to his Arsenal team-mate Gilberto Silva who helped the Croatian international as he lay on the St Andrew's pitch. "
"Gilberto helped me a lot," Eduardo said. "At the time I was in panic and could not really speak or say anything, let alone try to speak English.
"I don't remember much, not much at all. I never really saw my foot dislocated. As soon as I realised I looked the other way and just lay there, nervous, scared and never looked down again. There wasn't so much pain at the time, less than a twist, it was just the feeling of panic."