* "We know that tax cutting works. We have tried it and it works. We tried raising taxes -that doesn't work" - Lord Tebbit.
* You have got to say to people if it comes to a choice between cutting taxes and economic stability we would choose economic stability first" - shadow chancellor George Osborne.
* "I promise you this. We will bring immigration back under control" - shadow home secretary David Davis.
* "The papers claim David Cameron wants us to hug a hoodie. Well I support that. The only difference between David and me is that I might just hug a little harder and longer" - Mr Davis.
* "It is time Whitehall stopped playing the fat controller" - Shadow transport secretary Chris Grayling. n "Within the next few years using cheap air travel will carry about as much social stigma as drink-driving does today" - style guru Stephen Bayley.