A child abduction alert has been issued to parents in Sutton Coldfield, less than a week after a similar warning was made in Coventry.
Police said there had been two attempted abductions of children on their way to school in Sutton in the last few days.
They have issued a "stranger danger" alert in an attempt to ensure parents and pupils are aware of the threat.
Sergeant Sue Jones, from the community safety bureau at Sutton Coldfield police station, said: "This type of incident is taken very seriously.
We are also reinforcing the 'stranger danger' message and the importance of not talking to, or going off with, strangers or getting into vehicles."
In the first incident an 11-year-old was approached by a man on foot near Little Sutton Junior/Infant School in Worcester Lane on Monday at 8.40am.
Police said a 13-year-old pupil was then approached on Tuesday by two men in a turquoise-coloured car in Birmingham Road.
Officers said the two attempted abductions were not connected. One of the suspects was described as aged in his 20s, the other was said to be elderly with a bald head.
Meanwhile, police in Coventry last night revealed a 'stranger danger' warning issued a week ago was yielding five or six calls a day about suspicious individuals.
Detective Constable Chris Shaw, from Stoney Stanton Road police station in Coventry, claimed last week's "stranger danger" alert had created a "snowball effect" of calls.