A Worcestershire couple escaped an arson attack which destroyed a bungalow, four caravans and a car.

More than 30 firefighters were called to the scene, at a travellers' site in Lower Heath, near Stourport-on-Severn, at about 1.20am on Sunday following reports of caravans being on fire.

Fire investigators from Hereford and Worcester Fire Service and West Mercia Police were yesterday still combing the scene to discover how the blaze began.

It is believed the fire started when a pile of wood was set alight behind the bungalow, and spread to the building, two static caravans, two touring caravans and a Corsa.

A man and a woman were treated for minor injuries.

A fire service spokesman said: "Investigations are still ongoing at the scene, as although arson is suspected we have not yet discovered exactly what caused the fire.

"We believe nobody was in the caravans or bungalow when the fire started."

Fire crews from Bewdley, Kidderminster, Malvern, Stourport and Worcester were all called to the scene.

The flames also damaged overhead electrical cables which affected power supply to other homes on the travellers' site and in the local area.

* A teenage arson gang rampaged through a Birmingham estate in a night of terror, torching a succession of family cars outside their owners' homes in Chelmsley Wood.

At least seven cars, including a specially converted people carrier used by a wheelchair-bound woman, were set on fire last Friday.

Another woman, a charity worker, had gone out to help a neighbour whose vehicle was ablaze when her own car was set alight just yards away. It is thought the gang started with a can of flammable liquid after one of their friends was arrested by police earlier the same night.

Stuart Fennell, aged 34, whose Astra was destroyed, said: "What is it coming to when you can't leave your own car outside without something like this happening?"

Firefighters were first called to a motorbike on fire in Piccadilly Close. Within minutes crews were called out to Arbor Way and Penrith Grove.

They had just arrived at Yorkminster Road to douse Mr Fennell's car when his neighbour Kirsten Brown was told her car had been torched.