Ministers have been urged to make good on promises to help Birmingham recover from last year's tornado.
The demand came from MP Caroline Spelman (Con Meriden), the shadow Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, as Birmingham approaches the anniversary of the disaster.
The twister tore through the south of the city on July 28, leaving 20 people injured and hundreds of homes wrecked. But the Government has offered no financial support and some homes remain uninhabitable today.
Ms Spelman said: "The anniversary is coming up and the community is going to feel short-changed if there is no announcement about Government assistance - after Ministers gave the impression there would be support."
Shortly after the tornado, Local Government Minister Phil Woolas visited the city.
He said at the time: "I am looking forward to hearing first hand from some of the residents who were affected and some of those who are housed in temporary accommodation and to see how the Government may help."
In February this year, John Prescott, the Deputy Prime Minister, said his officials were discussing the help available with Birmingham City Council. Support has stalled because of Government rules regarding emergency support for natural disasters.
The funding available, called the Bellwin Scheme, is only available when an authority has spent more than 0.2 per cent of its total budget on dealing with the clean-up.
However, because Birmingham is Britain's largest council with the highest budget, it is unlikely ever to qualify.
A spokesman for the Department of Communities and Local Government said: "Government officials are currently working with local government officials to see if there are any other funding streams that could be used."