Jon Lewis and Ian Fisher led Gloucestershire to a tense two-wicket win over Leicestershire in their NatWest Pro40 League Division Two match at Cheltenham College.

Lewis, given dispensation by England to play despite being named in the squad for Friday's third Test match, joined Fisher at 188 for eight in the 35th over in reply to 225 for eight.

But he hammered three fours and a six in his unbeaten 26 from 13 balls - while Fisher hit two sixes in his 25 not out from 20 - as Gloucestershire won with 13 deliveries remaining to stay top of the table.

Gloucestershire scored a brisk 93 off the first 15 overs but they also lost four wickets - including that of Australian Ian Harvey, who cracked 39 from 31 balls before David Masters bowled him.

It became 120 for five when Alex Gidman was run out by Darren Maddy's direct hit from mid-wicket and 165 for six when Matt Windows holed out. Then Steve Adshead and Martyn Ball fell to catches. But Lewis and Fisher thrilled a crowd of about 4,000 at the festival ground with their match-winning partnership.

Earlier, after Leicestershire won the toss, Darren Robinson and H DAckerman, who put on 92 in 18 overs for the second wicket, looked to have set a platform for a total over 250.

That all changed with the introduction of Ball from the Chapel End. His four wickets contributed to the Foxes slipping to 134 for six in the 31st over before Paul Harrison, Masters and Claude Henderson responded with some impressively clean and powerful hitting in the closing overs.

At the Riverside, in Division One of the County Champion-shp, brilliant bowling by Nottinghamshire's 6ft 7in seamer Charlie Shreck, whose opening spell produced figures of four for 20 in nine overs, had Durham 37 for six before Phil Mustard led a recovery.

The hard-hitting wicket-keeper found excellent support from Callum Thorp in an unbroken stand of 108 before a storm ended play at 6pm at 145 for six.

Mustard hit 13 fours in his unbeaten 76 off 80 balls and Thorp's 42 not out is easily his top score at the Riverside ground.

The start was delayed until 2.45pm because of concern over damp patches on the square but the pitch was blameless as Dale Benkenstein's decision to bat was undermined by Shreck's away swing.

Mustard completed his first half-century since making 78 against Middlesex in early May. Thorp's previous top championship score on the ground was 19.