Schools must do more to deal with bullies to stop children using weapons to settle arguments, a Birmingham mother has claimed.
Andrea Dickson, who is attempting to take out an anti-social behaviour order against her son's playground tormentors, claimed incidents like the stabbing of a teenager outside a Birmingham school were "the natural progression" for some city youngsters.
Ms Dickson, from Oldbury, kept her son off school for nearly six months in fear for his safety.
She has hired a solicitor to help her take out an anti-social behaviour order against three boys because she claims the problem has not been adequately dealt with.
"Schools have to take responsibility. At the moment schools aren't doing anything," she said.
"If our children are at home we have to sort out discipline. When they are at school they are supposed to do it."
Ms Dickson has been in a long-running dispute with her son's school - Lordswood Boys' School in Harborne - claiming it did not do enough to protect her son.
She believes three boys committed a criminal offence against her son under the Harassment Act 1997 and the Public Order Act 1986, which protects against the threat of violence.
Birmingham-based solicitors Bailey Wright & Co are advising Ms Dickson about taking out an Asbo against the youths.
Ms Dickson said some children made it "their mission to terrorise" others who they saw as weaker or who do not stand up for themselves.
She said she was taking out the Asbo to set a legal precedent and as an example to other parents that they can use the law to help deal with problems at school.
"We have to do something to make sure this kind of behaviour doesn't keep occurring and schools take responsibility.
"If it goes through it will be a big change for everyone. If we can't do it, maybe someone else can do it. But at least they will have to take responsibility.
"There needs to be some public acknowledgement about what is happening so things can change."
Speaking to The Birmingham Post last November, Ms Dickson described how her son had been bullied for six months.
She decided not to send him to school saying she had growing increasingly frustrated by what she saw as the failure to sort out the problem.
Birmingham City Council claimed the matter had been investigated and "concluded in line with the school's pupil behaviour policy".
Ms Dickson, however, remained unsatisfied and has had discussions with West Midlands Police about the possibility of enforcing an Asbo.
Although her son has since returned to school, she said last night: "People say the problem has been solved but it is bound to rear its head again. Before that happens I want something in place.
"I am not going to give up. I am going to keep it going as much as I can. I want my son to know I have done everything I can."
* Mohammed Ahmed Hussain, aged 14, is recovering after being knifed in the stomach while playing football with friends outside The Heartlands School on May 26.