One of Birmingham’s oldest engineering firms is looking forward to a new era of growth following a move to new manufacturing facilities.
Gabriel & Co, which makes alloy steel castings and machined castings for petrochemical and food processing industries, has purchased premises in Smethwick, having spent the last 14 years operating from a rented factory in Tyseley.
The £800,000 purchase of new premises and capital plant will enable the company to increase production and the size of castings manufactured at the foundry.
The firm, which was founded by Percy Gabriel in 1884, also plans to increase its 36 strong workforce by up to four people over the coming months.
Hawkins Hatton, the Dudley based law firm, advised Gabriel & Co on all aspects of the property transactions including managing the dilapidation liability on the rented premises and the freehold purchase of the new site.