A little girl horrifically burned when her clothes and hair caught fire on a restaurant candle is being treated in Birmingham Children’s Hospital.
The five-year-old, who has not been named, was with her parents and sister at the Thai Kingdom in Warwick Road, Stratford-upon-Avon, at 6.15pm on Tuesday.
Admiring a statue of Buddha, her sleeveless top caught alight from a tea-light candle placed underneath the small monument.
Waiter Seksan Jaigoa said: “I heard the screams and came running out. Her top was on fire so I rushed to get a bowl of water, but the mum had already put out the flames with her hands.”
The girl was treated on the spot before being transferred by air ambulance.