The parents of a six-year-old British girl killed in a freak fire accident on holiday in Turkey yesterday spoke of their grief at losing the "light of our world".
Eden Galvani-Skeete, from Ilford, Essex, was watching a "wall of flame" dance display with her mother at a hotel on the Aegean coast when a bottle of flammable liquid ignited and exploded.
A fireball shot into the watching crowd and injured seven Britons, including Eden and three other children, at the Gemini Resort in Didim on Saturday night.
Holidaymaker Mark Hunter, aged 42, from Carlisle, whose daughters, Sarah, 13, and Shona were among those who suffered burns, described it as a scene of "total chaos".
Young Eden, who had arrived on holiday in Turkey on July 25, was the most seriously injured in the accident.
She was transferred from a local hospital to a burns unit at Kusadasi before being moved to a teaching hospital in Izmir, where she died on Monday.
In a statement her parents said: "Eden was the light of our world. She radiated joy and happiness with her big smile and infectious personality.
"Anyone that came into contact with her would never forget her. Eden's precious life was cut short by this untimely tragedy."
Michael Foundly, managing director of Bristol-based Seasons Holidays, whose guests at the resort included the Hunter family - although not Eden and her mother, Helen Zachariou - said his firm had requested the "fire dances" be stopped.
The tragedy, which was not caused by a fire-eating show as initially reported, he said.
"It was a fire display fairly commonly seen in Turkey. You pour some meths on the ground and set fire to it, producing a flame that dies out very quickly.
"They did it once, then they poured the bottle on top to do the thing again. Unfortunately there was a small spark that hadn't died out from the first display."