Birmingham City defender Franck Queudrue insists the very public spat between himself and Birmingham City co-owner David Sullivan is well and truly behind them after Sullivan printed a fulsome apology to the Frenchman in Saturday’s match-day programme notes.
Queudrue claims the row – which started in pre-season when he arrived back late from the summer break and which led to Sullivan claiming he was “a major disappointment” and then putting him up for sale – had been resolved weeks ago and that it had only been the press who had kept the matter going.
The former Fulham and Middlesbrough man was pleased however Sullivan had himself drawn a line under the issue with his thoughts in the matchday magazine in which he wrote: “For the record I was wrong to criticise Franck Queudrue last season.
“He knows that because I have apologised to him personally and no one is happier than me to see him back in action and doing well.”
Queudrue was man-of-the-match in the 3-1 demolition of Sheffield Wednesday and revealed he had also has a text from Blues supremo’ Karren Brady praising his return to form.
He said: “It is nice to be back in the team and the manager has put his trust in me. I have kept working hard and playing with the reserves and you have to respond when you get the call.”
Commenting on the chairman’s programme notes, Queudrue said: “He did apologise in pre-season but that is all in the past now.
“We men sometimes say things that we should not but everybody makes mistakes and that is behind me now. I accept that and that is it.”
He continued: “I did come back late in the summer. It was an honest mistake. I thought we were coming back on July 4 and it was actually the 1st or 2nd. It was just a misunderstanding.”
That mistake almost cost the Birmingham left back dear with him being slapped on the transfer list but he says his dedication is now to manager Alex McLeish.
“There are no hard feelings,” he said. “If you look at the transfer window you did not see my name and I am here and I have got to concentrate now.
“I have been training hard and getting my fitness back to prove I can play for Birmingham. My aim now is to try and help Birmingham back into the Premier League.
“I have no problem with Birmingham at all.”
He continued: “I am a professional and I am one hundred per cent dedicated to the club. I have a year left and if they want to offer me something I would love it.”
The 30-year-old added: “After my performance against Crystal Palace it is true Karren sent me a text saying I played well and I sent one back to say thank you.
“I also told her I am a professional and while I am under contract I will always do my best for the club .
“It is nice when the club say nice things about me but to be honest it is the press that make a big deal out of it. The issue with the chairman was a man to man talk.
“Everybody has apologised and for me it is all a long way back in my memory now.”