Bournville are in the playoffs next month for a place in the national league's Division One following their 6-2 victory at home yesterday over long-time North Division leaders Leek.

The home side started the match facing pressure from Leek who took the lead in the eighth minute through a Paul Dawson penalty corner shot. But once Harry Rowland had equalised following a penalty corner in the 16th minute, the home side began to take control and led 3-1 at the interval.

Steve Harding (2), Chris Graham, Matt Ruxton and Gary Town were Bournville's other scorers and Dawson got a second goal for Leek.

Brooklands MU beat Doncaster 2-0 to clinch the North Division title. Imran Yousaf scored a hat-trick for Stour-port in their 5-3 win at Lichfield, taking his season's tally to 19 and scoring his first open play goal.

Lichfield, who are in the play-offs to fight for national league survival, hit back in a late rally scoring twice in two minutes through Mark Blanksby and Martin Dean. Paul Campbell was denied a goal in the tenth minute when Stourport goalkeeper Ben Dudley brought off a brilliant save from a penalty stroke.

Jane Sixsmith took her league tally to 16 goals in leading Sutton Coldfield back to the women's Premier Division. She scored in each half as Sutton defeated Reading 5-3 to take the Division One title, eight points ahead of Loughborough Students.

Sutton led 3-0 at half-time with goals also from Louise Pittam and Katie Long who also scored in the second half.

Birmingham University beat Harleston Magpies 2-1 and strengthened their chance of gaining the play-off place should the Students falter in their last match. The University, now level with Trojans, were led to victory by Marie-Laure Rigg and Rebecca Hevingham.

North Division Aldridge earned a play-off place by beating bottom side Chester 1-0 with a 50th-minute goal by Lisa Prince. In South Division, Worcester lost 3-1 to St Albans and are just a point ahead of Bedford who will face a play-off for league survival if they win any points in their remaining match.

Barford Tigers were unexpectedly held to a 2-2 draw in the men's South Division yesterday by relegationthreatened Cambridge University who, despite not having won a match this season, were leading 2-1 midway through the second half. Jimmy Singh and Mandeep Johal were the Tigers scorers.

Birmingham University hindered Oxted's chances of a play-off spot in a thrilling 5-5 draw. Each of the ten goals was scored by a different player.

* Telford & Wrekin signed off in style in their last match of the Coaching Solutions League by recording their biggest win of the season - 17-5 - against Nottingham University who face relegation from the Premier Division if Lichfield lose their national league play-off and return to the regional league.

"We were only 4-3 up at half time," said captain Mark Cooper, "and then we scored three goals in the first five minutes of the second half. After that it was almost oneway traffic and we could have scored more."

The top scorers were John Heath (5), Ryan Van der Wright and Tom Lauder (four). Telford, who were promoted to the Premier division this season, finished equal second with Coventry but have greater goal difference.

Sikh Union (Nottingham), who beat Edgbaston 5-0, are promoted to the national league. Coventry defeated Olton 3-1.