Live like a lord in a South Staffordshire hall built for one not once but twice.
Wrottesley Hall in Holyhead Road, Wrottesley, was built as the seat of Lord Wrottesley in 1696 and stood in around 2,000 acres of grounds.
It was gutted by fire in 1897 and remained ruined until the fourth Lord Wrottesley built a smaller brick house on the same foundations in 1923.
The estate was broken up when the fifth Lord sold up in 1963 and moved to South Africa. More recently it has been converted into three separate properties. However, because they are all owned by the same family they could be purchased together and either kept separate or united once more to create one of the finest private residences in the area, with a dozen bedrooms, nine reception rooms and eight bathrooms.
The Hall is set within the beautiful South Staffordshire countryside with views over open fields and farmland.
The front of the property looks very distinguished with its Georgian influenced facade and stone quoins, decoration to the eaves and pediment bearing the Wrottesley family arms.
The central portion of the house is still called Wrottesley Hall. It has an elegant drawing room with a fine, ornate fireplace and large sash windows to the front and back. The sitting room and dining room are both large and comfortable. There is also a lovely fitted breakfast kitchen, a laundry and cloakroom.
A magnificent staircase leads to the first floor where there is a galleried landing with ancillary sitting/study area.
Upstairs there are four double bedrooms, the master with a recently refitted shower room. The others are served by a house bathroom. The other two parts of the property are called the West Wing and East Wing. The former features a large drawing room with large sash windows and French doors to the terrace. In the formal dining room, a bolection moulded painted fireplace with chimney piece takes pride of place. A breakfast kitchen has a comprehensive range of units and granite surfaces.
Also on the ground floor, there are four double bedrooms, the main suite with a shower room. There is another bathroom and a separate shower room. Stairs from a rear hall rise to a self-contained flat with a lobby, sitting room, kitchenette with breakfast room beyond, bedroom and bathroom with dressing area.
On the other side of the house is the beautifully finished East Wing. This has a lovely drawing room, impressive dining room and well-appointed kitchen. There are three bedrooms on the ground floor and a charming sitting room which could be used as a fourth. The master bedroom has an en suite shower room and there is a refurbished family bathroom .
On the lower ground floor, an extensive range of cellars are currently utilised as offices for an architectural practice. They include fine, barrel-vaulted rooms, a cloakroom and kitchenette. Outside the parkland grounds have rural views. The Hall is approached through Wrottesley Golf Course. There are sweeping lawns with planted beds and many fine specimen trees. There is substantial garaging for up to nine vehicles.
AGENT: Berriman Eaton
TEL: 01902 747744
GUIDE PRICE: £2,250,000