* The BBC charter should dictate that no more than half of revenue raised in a region is spent outside that region.
* It is not acceptable that prime-time production does not take place in the Midlands. As it represents more than 25 per cent of licence fee-payers, 12.5 per cent of prime-time production should take place here.
* A content fund, at least part-funded from the licence fee, should be created in the Midlands for drama and film-making.
* The BBC charter should dictate that not only funding but its structure, particularly commissioning, should be devolved to the regions – including the Midlands.
* It is unacceptable that there is no television network production facility in the Midlands. There must be investment in production facilities in this region.