The coffee-drinking public have spoken – and named Damascena Coffee House as Birmingham’s best place to enjoy a brew.
The Moseley café, which only opened last June, is the number one ranked coffee shop in the city on Tripadvisor’s website and has racked up 69 reviews with an average of 4.5 stars out of five.
Tripadvisor’s rankings are submitted by the public so Damascena Coffee House is very much the people’s choice.
Second on the list is Faculty Coffee and Tea in Piccadilly Arcade while Hylton Street’s Hylton Cafe is third.
Forty One on High Street – currently the ninth most popular coffee shop in Birmingham – appears to have the biggest potential climb higher up the list in the future.
It has an average review rating of five out of five and the only reason why this hasn’t placed it at the very top of the list is that it has so far only received four reviews.
TEN BEST COFFEE SHOPS IN BIRMINGHAM ON TRIPADVISOR
1) Damascena Coffee House, 133 Alcester Road
2) Faculty Coffee and Tea, Piccadilly Arcade
3) Hylton Cafe, 2 Hylton Street
4) Coffee Time, Priory Square
5) Cafe Boutique and Cake Shop, 26 High Street
6) Afternoon Tea at Hotel La Tour, Albert Street
7) Constance Wallace Tea Room, 91 Hewell Road Barnt Green
8) Pret A Manger, 52 New Street
9) Forty One, High Street
10) Brewsmiths Coffee & Tea, Unit 16 Queensway Arches