Southside is home to Theatreland, Chinatown and a host of bars and restaurants so it's the perfect place for a party atmosphere this Christmas.
And there'll be snow regardless of whether the real white stuff falls from the sky to give us a white Christmas .
Santa has set up camp in the district to supervise the Southside Southpole activities on offer.
Here's our guide to seven seasonal ways to celebrate in Southside this Christmas.
1. Meet Santa as he welcomes visitors with seasonal sweeties from Mr Chill’s Traditional Sweet Emporium, on December 21 and 22.
2. Pose with friends and family in festive cut-out boards near the Christmas tree.
3. See a show. The Birmingham Hippodrome is offering Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, on until February 2, 2014, and starring John Partridge as the handsome Prince, Gok Wan as the Man in the Mirror and Gary Wilmot as the pantomime Dame. The Old Rep Theatre will be home to Birmingham Stage Company’s Christmas production of Tom’s Midnight Garden until January 25, 2014.
4. Get festive at the cinema. Christmas classics including A Wonderful Life and White Christmas will be playing on The Electric cinema’s silver screen throughout the season, so sit back, relax and make an occasion of it with the comfy sofa seating and text waiter service available throughout the film.
5. Have a wheely good time with some circus thrills. Acrojou’s Lifted, a German Wheel acrobatic act, will be performing in Hippodrome Square this Saturday.
6. See red and smile. Red is one of the main colours of Christmas and street artists Red - whose name will soon become obvious from the photos - will be in the square on Sunday. There will be false snow on Saturday and Sunday to add to the festive atmosphere.
7. Enjoy some of the great food and drink that Southside has to offer. The Arcadian and surrounding streets are packed with bars and restaurants, and Chinese restaurants Chung Ying and Chung Ying Garden have Christmas dinner menus with a difference - instead of the traditional turkey and sprouts, you can enjoy delicious dishes including lamb, duck, chicken pork, crab, lobster, sea bass and even kangaroo.
Julia Chance, Southside BID Manager, said: "There is something for everyone in Southside this Christmas and we’re excited to be celebrating the season with some great activities across our venues and our Southside Southpole weekends throughout December."