A 170-year-old pub which has been vacant since 2007 will reopen later this month as a new students' union.
The restoration of the Eagle & Ball, more recently called Moby Dick's, forms part of phase one of Birmingham City University's (BCU) new Curzon Building in Eastside.
The complex, on the corner of Curzon Street and Cardigan Street, is a six-storey, 260,000 sq ft development housing the university's faculty of business, law and social sciences and the school of English.
The restored pub sits to rear of the site in Gopsal Street and will be home to BCUSU but will also be open to members of the general public from October.
Built between 1840 and 1850 and split over two levels, the pub is Victorian in style and still includes many of the original features including stain-leaded windows, original tiled and wooden floors and period fireplaces.
Students' union president Jenny Watkins said: "We're absolutely thrilled that the Eagle & Ball pub has been so lovingly restored and returned to its former glory, right at the heart of the new Birmingham City University campus.
"This will be a popular part of the students' union with both current and future students and will show future generations a real piece of Birmingham's history."
Birmingham City University is currently undergoing a major campus construction programme and new plans were lodged during the summer for the second phase of the Curzon Building.
This will comprise two sections, of two and six storeys respectively, and house additional teaching and work space across 112,000 sq ft when it opens in time for the 2017/18 academic year.
Other current projects include the new Birmingham Conservatoire in nearby Jennens Road, which is also due to open by September 2017, and a £41 million, 113,000 sq ft teaching building on its City South campus in Edgbaston.