Former munitions factories in the Jewellery Quarter which once supplied US and European troops during the First World War are to be converted into apartments.
The historic buildings, spanning 30-52 Vittoria Street, will house 36 apartments ranging from one to three bedrooms and 18 parking spaces.
The plans, which have been designed by Jewellery Quarter-based PCPT Architects, were unveiled last year and are set to receive the city's backing next week.
London-based property developer Stonehurst Estates is behind the scheme which will involve some demolition and new-build work.
Originally, a total of 23 parking spaces and 41 apartments, ranging from studios to three-bedroom townhouses, were planned but these have since been revised to contain 13 one-bedroom, 19 two-bedroom and four three-bedrooms apartments.
The application site encompasses three separate but connected three-storey buildings in the heart of the Jewellery Quarter.
The Grade II-listed Vittoria Works, at 30-34 Vittoria Street, was built in 1866 and was used for electroplating in the late 19th century.
More recently, it provided a home for smaller jewellery businesses including a period in the 1960s and 70s when it was known as Compass Works.
Next door at 36-46 Vittoria Street is Unity Works (top), which is also Grade II listed and was purpose-built between 1867 and 1887 for Henry Jenkins & Sons.
The company was a die sinker and tool maker and, during the First World War, it produced munitions under contract to BSA and made more than one million rifle oilers for Lee Enfield rifles which were used by the European and American armies.
Completing the application site is 48-52 Vittoria Street, a distinctive building with a striking blue façade which dates back to the 1850s (above).
City council officers have recommended councillors approve the application when the planning committee meets next Thursday.