Are you a business owner or do you know of a business in your area which deserves recognition?
UK energy supplier npower is looking for 'Super Powered' businesses to win a cash prize of £5,000.
What does it take to be super powered? The winning businesses must demonstrate the three special qualities below.
The winner will also receive mentoring with top business growth strategy expert, Gary King.
Tell us how your business (or the one you're mentoring) fits the mould, and be in with a chance of winning business growth mentoring and £5,000 in cash.
All you need to do is demonstrate in no more than 250 words why this is truly a 'Super Powered Business', explaining how it performs in the following areas:
1) Innovative : this business does something creative that other businesses may not have considered.
2) Successful : this business does something that makes a significant difference either to the bottom line, or in day to day management.
3) Engaging : tell us something distinctive and memorable about the business - something other SMEs would be interested to hear about.
Entries will be judged after the closing date by a panel made up of: Mirror Money editor Tricia Phillips, winner of BBC's The Apprentice Tim Campbell, entrepreneur Matthew Roberts of Timber Neutral, business growth expert Gary King, and Richard Longbottom from npower Business.
You are viewing an Accelerated Mobile Page.
This embedded content is not currently supported.See it here
The competition launches on Monday, April 24 and closes on Sunday, July 30 at midnight.
Full terms and conditions apply.
Terms & Conditions –SME Super Power Competition
1. This Competition (the “Competition”) shall run until Sunday July 30, 2017 inclusive. There will be one Competition (the “Competition”).
2. Entries can be made by/on behalf of any UK business that has less than 250 members of staff employed. All businesses entered must also be able to provide proof of this.
3. The Promoter of the Competition is Npower Northern Limited (“npower”, ‘we”, “us” or “our”) whose registered office is at Windmill Hill Business Park, Whitehill Way, Swindon, SN5 6PB. Registered in England and Wales No. 03432100. Npower is a trademark of Npower Northern Limited and other associated companies.
4. Employees (or family members of employees) of npower and Trinity Mirror cannot enter this Competition, even if it is on behalf of an SME company.
5. There is no charge to enter the Competition.
6. By participating in this Promotion and entering into the Competition, you are deemed to have accepted these Competition rules (“the Rules”) and confirm that you are eligible to claim any prize you may win.
7. There will be one winner (the “Winner”) picked from all of the entries across all of the websites. The winner will receive a cash prize of £5,000 and mentoring support from an npower business growth expert (the “Prize”).
8. In order to be eligible and automatically entered into the Competition, you must fully comply with these Rules and successfully enter 250 words to describe your ‘SME super power’ via mirror.co.uk, liverpoolecho.co.uk, birminghammail.co.uk, chroniclelive.co.uk, manchestereveningnews.co.uk, hulldailymail.co.uk, walesonline.co.uk, bristolpost.co.uk, stokesentinel.co.uk, leicestermercury.co.uk, gazettelive.co.uk, birminghampost.co.uk, nottinghampost.co.uk, derbytelegraph.co.uk or expressandstar.com.
9. This is a syndicated competition and one winner will be picked by a panel of 5 judges across all eligible entries from all of the mentioned websites.
10. Only one entry per person will be accepted. Please submit one entry only, on one of the websites the competition is running on. Multiple entries will be disqualified. If the occasion occurs where the same business has been nominated by more than one person, the entries for that business will be grouped together as one entry.
11. Entries will be accepted until 23:59 on Sunday July 30, 2017. Entries received after this time will not be accepted.
12. You warrant that your entry complies with the Guidelines, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
13. Only one entry per person is permitted during the Promotion period. Entries must not be sent through agents or third parties.
14. The winners will be chosen by a panel of 5 judges based on the entries which are the most, (a) innovative – this business does something creative that other businesses may not have considered, (b) successful – this business does something that makes a significant difference either to the bottom line, or in day to day management (c) engaging - distinctive, memorable and memorable about the business- something other SMEs would be interested to hear about
15. Any content you enter will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our sites a licence to use, store and copy that content. You grant npower and Trinity Mirror an everlasting, worldwide, exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence (including the right to sub-licence) to:
(a) modify, electronically reproduce and distribute, and publicly perform and display your entry on Trinity Mirror websites or npower.com
(b) reproduce and distribute through any media now known, or hereafter developed, in any advertisements for, and in marketing and promotional materials related to, npower;
(c) make derivative works, reproduce, publicly perform and display and distribute such derivative works in conjunction with the video or photograph through Trinity Mirror websites or otherwise, including in any media now known or hereafter developed.
You also grant users of Trinity Mirror websites, www.npower.com or any other website where the video or blog is displayed an everlasting, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, licence to share the content of your video on social media such as, without limitation, Facebook and Twitter.
16. We have the right to remove any entry posted at any time if it does not comply with the Guidelines. If your entry is removed you will not be entered into the Competition.
17. Entering means you are willing to take part in promotional and marketing activity, including but not limited to: interviews, photography, video, online and social media promotion.
18. You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
19. Judging will take place between Monday July 31 and Monday August 14, 2017. There will be five judges in total. One judge will be from npower and another from Trinity Mirror, while the rest will be independent. A list of the names of the judges can be viewed on mirror.co.uk/businesssuperpowers from the closing date of July 30, 2017 for a period of 28 days.
20. The decision of the panel of judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. npower will contact the winner personally anytime from Thursday August 3, 2017 using the telephone number provided with the competition entry.
22. npower will make several attempts to contact the winners by telephone. If npower is unable to make contact with the winner by 5pm on Wednesday August 16, 2017, or if the Winner is not able, for whatever reason, to accept the Prize, then npower reserves the right to re-award the Prize.
23. The winner will be required to agree to participation in all promotional material that npower will be producing about the competition. This will include featuring in a short film which will be published and used to announce the winner on the participating Trinity Mirror websites. Dates of filming will take place in the last 10 days of August and the exact date will be confirmed with the winner upon making contact.
24. The winner alongside the video will be available to see for 4 weeks from Monday September 4, 2017. If you are a winner, you agree that the Promoter may use your name and town or county of residence to announce the Winner of this competition.
25. The Prize is non-transferable or exchangeable and the Prize must be claimed by the person named on the Competition entry.
26. npower reserves the right to substitute at its sole discretion the Prize (or any part) for a prize of equivalent value if this is necessary for reasons beyond npower’s control.
27. npower accepts no liability and is not responsible for any incomplete, undelivered, lost, mislaid or delayed entries. In such cases you will not be eligible to enter the Competition. npower does not accept responsibility for network, computer hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay your entry into the Competition.
28. Personal data supplied during the course of this Promotion will be collected and passed to npower by Trinity Mirror PLC for purposes of this competition only. The personal data supplied will also be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the Prize.
29. Where applicable, the terms and conditions of any third party supplier will apply to the Competition and the Prize.
30. npower’s decision is at its sole discretion and is final and legally binding on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these Rules and the Guidelines will be disqualified.
31. Insofar as is permitted by law, npower, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the Winners or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of Npower, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
32. These Rules and the Competition are governed by English law and all entrants agree to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
33. Standard Trinity Mirror plc. competition rules apply. Please see mirror.co.uk/rules